10 W Fallon Ave Baker, MT 59313
Fallon County of Montana

Fallon County Sheriff’s Office

sheriff office badge

Trenton Harbaugh – Sheriff

Mission Statement

The Fallon County Sheriff’s Office is committed to enforcing state law and providing professional law enforcement services that protect and preserve the Constitutional Rights of the citizens of Fallon County

Our Staff

Sheriff/Coroner: Trenton Harbaugh
Undersheriff: Nic Eisele
Deputy Sheriff: Tim Grube
Deputy Sheriff: Victor Wells
Clerk: Brenda Flint

Detention Officer: Lacy Zumbrun
Detention Officer: Jennifer Fisher
Detention Officer: Jake Schell

Detention Center

Current Inmates:

Bodily, McCoy: SIWOC (F)- DOC Hold

Pierce, Dairick: Crim Poss Dangerous Drugs (F), Intent to Distribute (F), Distribution by Accountability (F) – DOC Hold

Last updated: 7-8-2024 @ 9:52 a.m.

(Updated only when inmate status changes)

Visitation Hours: 

Wednesday and Friday 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Visits are on a first come, first serve basis. Understand that there is a possibility, due to higher visitor volume on some days; you might not have your visit. All visitors within the facility will conduct themselves appropriately. Any use of profanity, loud unusual noises, or any other disruptive behavior may result in loss of your future visits at the Fallon County Jail or criminal charges as per MCA 45-8-101 – Disorderly Conduct. Subject to change or revision at the discretion of the Sheriff or Duty Officer.

Phone System:

Prepaid Calling Cards are $15.00 or $30.00. To set up a prepaid account contact Securus at (800) 844-6591


Inmates are able to purchase items through our in-house commissary list.
We accept money orders, cashier checks and/or cash for Inmate accounts.

Civil Division

Civil documents needed for service:

  1. The original Process Document (certified copy or e-filed copy of the original is on file with the Court.)
  2. Complete sets of the copies or documents for each person you want served.
  3. The completed, signed, dated Praecipe or Letter of Instruction. This should include as much information about the person to be served. (Name, address, phone numbers, employer, date of birth, vehicles.)
  4. Pre-Payment in full for service fees or a copy of a Montana court order waiving your fees for service.

Our officers make every effort to complete service; however, acceptance of your documents for service is no way to be considered a guarantee that service can be completed. All service fees are non-refundable.

Service Fees:

  1. Summons & Complaint or Petition: $50.00 per person or business
  2. Writ of Execution and Attachment: $50.00 per person or business
  3. Subpoena: $50.00 per person or business
  4. Small Claims: $50.00
  5. Affidavit, Order and Undertaking in Claim and Delivery: $50.00 per person or business
  6. Writ of Possession or Restitution: $50.00
  7. Attachment on the Body or Order of Arrest on each Defendant: $50.00
  8. Notice, Rule or Order: $50.00
  9. Trial of Right of Property or Damages-All Services: $50.00
  10. Taking Bond or Undertaking in any case authorized by law: $50.00
  11. Copy of a Writ, Process or other paper when required by law: $50.00
  12. Sheriff’s Sale: Posting Notice in 3 public places$50.00; Posting Notice on property $50.00; Publishing in Newspaper $50.00 (Printing Fees will be extra); Sale $50.00; Cancellation or Postponement of Sheriff’s Sale $50.00
  13. Keeping Possession of and Preserving Property under Attachment, Execution or other process: $10.00 per day
  14. Public Fingerprinting: $5.00 a card
  15. Accident Report Fee: $5.00

Sheriff Sales:

Date & Time:



Fallon County Sheriff’s Office
Concealed Weapons Permits

10 West Fallon Avenue
Baker, MT 59313
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.

Application Process

You can apply for a new permit by filling out the “Concealed Weapons Permit Form” and returning it to the Fallon County Sheriff’s Office.
New Permit Fee: $50.00 (cash or check)

You can apply for a renewal permit by filling out the “Concealed Weapons Permit Renewal Form” and returning it to the Fallon County Sheriff’s Office.
Renewal Permit Fee: $25.00 (cash or check)

Concealed Weapon Permits are good for 4 years.

Montana Concealed Weapons Law allows people to carry concealed weapons if they have a valid Montana or a recognized out-of-state permit to do so.

Concealed Weapons Laws can be accessed by visiting the Montana Code Annotated MCA 45-8-8321

Brand Inspections:

The Sheriff’s Office offers Brand Inspection Services for Fallon County.


Cattle Inspections
Hide/Slaughter Inspections
Montana Market/Shipping Permits
Sheep Permits
Horse Inspections
Beef Council Check-Off

$1.00 per head
$1.00 per head
$10.00 per head
$1.00 per head

Frequently Asked Questions

Detention questions:

Q: What items may be brought or sent into an inmate?

Q: How can I fund an inmate account?
A: Funding an inmate account can be done by cashier check, money order or cash. Mail to Fallon County Sheriff’s Office at PO Box 899, Baker, MT 59313 or bring it to the Sheriff’s Office at 10 W Fallon Ave, Baker.

Q: How do I send a letter to an inmate?
A: Address the letter with the inmate’s full name to:
PO Box 899, Baker, MT 59313

Q: Where do you find the names of bondsman?
A: Look online for Bail Bondsmen, or in the yellow pages of the phone book under bonds. Make sure the Bondsmen is licensed in the State of Montana.

Q: Where do I pay the fine or post bond?
A: Fines and Bonds are taken care of at the court in which the offense took place during regular business hours. After hours a fine or bond may be taken care of at the Sheriff’s Office. Out of county bonds may be posted at the Sheriff’s Office anytime. People who are out of town and wanting to post a bond for someone being held in our Detention Facility may go to the closest Sheriff’s Office or Police Station to post a bond or fine in their area.

Q: When is an inmate going to be transported?
A: This information is confidential and will not be released.